Wednesday 7 December 2011

Research: Soap Trailer Poster

 These posters are believed to have been made by fans of Eastenders not by the production team themselves. However they are quite effective in portraying an emotion and getting the audience to feel something and to react in some way. In the posters to the left and right the word "Alive" is in red which connotes danger and blood. The floor in the posters is also red, next to a gravestone, which connotes death. The poster below is quite bland and reminds me of posters you used to see in the Old West. This style of poster could be used to highlight the message that is being portrayed.


I believe that the poster below stating "Ian Beale" 'Stunt Double', was made to shame this part of Eastenders rather than promote it. A lot of posters that came up on Google were either pictures of the characters or madeup posters so it was hard to know whether a poster was real.


This poster was made by A2 students from 2011 to promote their soap. The characters seem to be grouped into 3 different types of character which suggests that there are a few rivalries in the soap. I like that they have used blue sky in the background to make the soap seem realistic.


I was unsure whether this poster was from a movie or a soap because it was made in the sixties. Even if it is not a soap poster I like the way that there is a focus on the car and that this focus starts from the edge of the poster and continues off of the poster.


There weren't many soap posters that looked like they were made by the production team however I can use the ones I have found to help me design my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment