Wednesday 1 February 2012

Evaluation 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

HD Camera- This is the first time we have ever used the HD Cameras while filming so we had to work out how to use the cameras to get the best footage that we could. Before we started filming I tried out the camera at home in different lighting to see how it would affect the quality of footage. By using the HD Cameras it made our footage look more professional and it allowed us to use the Apple Macs to edit our trailer which made it better quality even further.
Adobe Photoshop- For the main part of my product I didn't use Adobe Photoshop as there was nothing that I wanted to use it for. However I used Adobe to cut out the photos for my soap magazine and soap poster. As I have had experience in Photoshop before this I found it easy to use. I also used Photoshop for Evaluation 1 to put together the photocard of different points in my film. It was easier to use Photoshop than another program such as paint as I tried it out before and I found it difficult to place the images in the place that I wanted them.

                                                                                     Photo Camera- We used a Fujifilm Finepix S5800 Digital Camera, 8.0 megapixel with a 10x optical zoom to take pictures of places that we could possibly use for our film. We went through them after and decided which places we thought would be best and then we started to plan our film used the scenery as inspiration. We tried to take photos of places that you might see if real media products such as the market so it would give us a variety of choices of places that are typical of real products but also places that you dont really see in soaps like "Eastenders".




Final Cut Pro- To edit we used Final Cut Pro X as it gave us more choice for effects and allowed us to explore more ideas. We also used Final Cut Pro when we edited our video to explain about out ancillary texts. I was able to use an effect called 'Boogie Lights' to support the point I make about the soap being fast paced. It was good to explore the effects that are available on Final Cut because it enabled me to choose the best effect that suited my media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment